Each Major Problems in American History Chapter Questions NEED to have the following:
- EACH question posed below needs to be answered in a lengthy paragraph of At Least 10-15 college-level quality, analytical sentences with 3 citation/quote from Cobbs–example: (Cobbs, 294)
- Please SUBDIVIDE each answer/paragraph by labeling each chapter’s questions appropriately (a,b,c,d, etc…)
- In-text citations or Footnotes/Endnotes will suffice
◊ ALL citations NEED TO BE BOLD in order to get full credit for them
◊ If you do NOT cite, you will receive NO CREDIT for that question
- use Times New Roman font 12 or comparable ONLY
Submit ALL questions as one assignment HERE!!! (within Canvas)
Cobbs’ Chapter 10
Read the following from Chapter 10 (Global Cold War & Nuclear Age) and Answer the questions:
- French Leader Charles de Gaulle Warns the US, 1945
- Independence Leader Ho Chi Minh Pleads with Harry Truman for Support, 1946
- Diplomat George Kennan’s Telegram Advocates Containment, 1946
- Sir Winston Churchill Warns of an Iron Curtain, 1946
- The Truman Doctrine Calls for the United States to Become the World’s Police, 1947
- Senator Joseph McCarthy Describes the Internal Communist Menace, 1950
- Walter Lafeber—“Truman’s Hard Line Prompted the Cold War”
- Mark Lawrence—“Cold War Vietnam: A Mistake of the Western Alliance”
- Why was there a cold war? Did Russian aggression make conflict inevitable, or did the United States overreact to the battered Soviet Union’s quest for security?
- To what extent (how much) did the European allies draw the Unite States deeper into conflict with Russia and the 3rd World?
- What was the effect of the Cold War on the psychology of American citizens?