Do Not plagiarize or copy info/ source from any student paper. I need 100 original work because my school uses an advance plagiarize checker!!
CIS-510 Advanced Systems Analysis and Design
· ASSIGNMENT CLARIFICATION ASSIGNMENT 3
Week 6 Assignment 3 is due this week it is worth 150 points or 15% of your overall grade in the class. SO READ THIS TO GET A PERFECT GRADE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT.
The grading criteria are as follows as per the rubric and there are 4 parts
ONLY THE FIRST PART OF THIS PAPER NEEDS CITING. This is the HISTORY Sections and only a couple of Paragraphs are required.
The history and background I just want a simple overview. You could write 10 to 15 pages on this easy. I just want a few paragraphs so you have some context on the subject. Hit the highlights. (ONLY PART THAT NEEDS CITATIONS)
For PARTS 2, 3, and 4 chose an interface to analyze
You will be choosing an interface that you use for this paper. THIS WILL BE A REAL USER INTERFACE that is in use to the public. Not one you made up or are planning, hypothetical or thinking about. Not just an ATM or Gas Station interface but a specific interface like Wells Fargo or Bank of Americas ATM interface (replace with your bank). Or a Wawa Gas station interface. Or a small function of an iPhone interface (send an email, send a text, add a contact) the same for an Andriod function.
YOU WILL PHYSICALLY VISIT THE INTERFACE AND TAKE NOTES ON ALL THE OPTIONS THERE ARE FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE PROCESS TO THE END. If they give you different options take all the paths to see where they lead and Document it. You will find the interfaces are more in-depth than you thought.
Such as a gas pump interface and going through the options you are given to complete the purchase. DO NOT DO THIS FROM MEMORY. Visit the interface you are going to use. Make sure you have all the options. They would even be different if you went to different gas stations as every company makes their own. So again say whose interface it is (Mobile, Exxon, Wawa, Racetrack) If you want to pick a small function like adding a contact or sending a text or email from your phone that is fine too but be specific on the type of phone (iPhone, Andriod).
I only want the interface information. Not you going to the car and getting out of the car and Just the actual interface and the options.
Write out all the steps and options there were from the beginning to the end of the interface you chose (make sure all the paths are included).
Make an Activity Diagram of the options and paths there were for the interface.
You need to create the Activity Diagram. DO NOT TAKE THIS FROM THE INTERNET. It is worth 32.5 points.
This is an opinion. Please analyze the chosen interface. Some of the suggested questions you can answer are: What do you like? What do you not like? Were there too many clicks to get there? Was the color scheme and font sized easy on the eyes? Did they make a good design for the user? Was it confusing in spots? Could they have done something different to make it better? Put a little thought into it. 🙂
The reflection (opinions) of the process is also 37.5 points. Be thoughtful of your analysis. There are no references for this part, it is your opinion.
Grading is based on the following.
Just make the HEADERS of the paper sections numbered 1-4 (taken from the grading rubric) and answer each question in order. Make a reference section at the end in APA format for the minimum 2 references for Part 1 only that is why only 2 references are needed.
1. Research the history and background of HCI. (just a couple of paragraphs) (22.5 Points)
2. From your chosen HCI, describe all the steps and options that are available to use and complete the task (30 Points)
3. Build and Activity Diagram (DO NOT TAKE ONE FROM THE INTERNET) (37.5 Points)
4. Reflect on the experience. Do you feel the process you chose was well designed? Do you think it can be improved? (37.5 Points)
5. Use at least 2 Quality Resources. (7.5 Points)
6. Clarity and writing mechanics. (15 Points)
Build an Activity Diagram such as those on pages 138 Figure 5-5 and 139 Figure 5-6 of the textbook. Use Visio, MS Word, or your choice of program that can create an activity diagram. You need to create the diagram, not ake one from online! The example diagram is below
1. Human Computer Interface (HCI)
Everything we touch that is electronic has a Human to Computer Interface (HCI). Some companies put a lot of effort into the user experience; some, not so much. Some are very complex with enormous functionality (computer operating systems and smartphones) and some are much simpler (ATMs, gas station pumps, lottery ticket machines, movie dispensing machines).
For this assignment, choose either a simple interface (one with a few options) or a singular function of a more complex item (like a singular function of your smartphone, such as to create and send an email). Remember that there are several options for many of these. Visit the interface that you chose.
Note: Keep your selection to something simple, as you will find there are many options even in a simple task.
Write a paper in which you address the following:
1. Research history and background of the HCI (just a few of paragraphs).
2. From your chosen HCI, describe all the steps and options that are available to use and complete the task.
3. Build an Activity Diagram such as those on pages 138 Figure 5-5 and 139 Figure 5-6 of the textbook. Use Visio, MS Word, or your choice of program that can create an activity diagram. You need to create the diagram, not take one from the internet.
4. Reflect on the experience. Do you feel the process you chose was well designed? Do you think it can be improved?
5. Use at least two quality resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
6. Include charts or diagrams created in Visio, Word, or an open source alternative to create the diagram. The completed diagrams or charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
7. Evaluate the efficacy of the design of a human computer interface.