A. Using the scenario, design a multimedia presentation (Microsoft PowerPoint) (suggested length of 5-7 slides with notes) in which you motivate the current company employees from the scenario about the product by doing the following:
1. Summarize the product from the chosen scenario for the current company employees.
a. Identify three important points regarding the product from the chosen scenario.
B. Write an executive summary (suggested length of 1 page) based on your multimedia presentation
You are a manager in a small pharmaceutical distributor. Your company has been awarded the exclusive contract to distribute a new medication.
Nasaquil is an over-the-counter medication that has been approved to treat influenza. Nasaquil will compete directly with prescription antiviral medications.
Your company, through your sales and customer service representatives, already has extensive relationships with medical providers. There is great anticipation within the market about the potential efficacy of this new medication. According to estimates by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), from October 1, 2018, to February 16, 2019, there were approximately 19 million flu illnesses in the United States with about 8–9 million flu-related medical visits (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2019). Initial clinical trials indicate this new Nasaquil medication may help to lower influenza’s severity and duration; however, clinical trials only demonstrate a new medication’s efficacy in a small group of patients over a limited amount of time. Long-term product efficacy rates have not yet been established. As with all new medication launches, your company anticipates patient dissatisfaction if desired results are not achieved. In those cases, the company will work directly with the patient.
The success of Nasaquil relies upon an external business partner, Pruhart Tech, who manufactures the refrigerated casing designed specifically for this product. The product is required to be shipped overnight in a temperature-controlled package. Unfortunately, Pruhart Tech has limited refrigerated shipping containers, and the availability is restricted to weekend deliveries only. You will need to work closely with this partner to ensure their manufacturing operation is able to increase as needed in a just-in-time environment to meet sales demands. Your contact’s name at Pruhart Tech is Diego Garcia.
You have received a customer complaint via the company’s social media page. The customer is extremely dissatisfied, and the complaint has negatively impacted the company’s image. The customer’s complaint is as follows: “@Nasaquil does not work! My wife started Nasaquil and got very ill! I don’t understand how big pharma companies get away with rolling out unsafe drugs that can hurt people! Dealing with all of the medical appointments and issues is bad enough, but this sickness . . . I cannot wait for the patient support meeting tomorrow to share this medication’s reaction. Maybe this drug shouldn’t be approved yet.”
· A logical summary is provided, with sufficient detail, for the current company employees about the product from the chosen scenario.
· 3 important points regarding the product from the chosen scenario are identified.
· The executive summary based on the multimedia presentation is provided, with sufficient detail.
· The submission includes in-text citations for sources that are properly quoted, paraphrased, or summarized and a reference list that accurately identifies the author, date, title, and source location as available.
· Content reflects attention to detail, is organized, and focuses on the main ideas as prescribed in the task or chosen by the candidate. Terminology is pertinent, is used correctly, and effectively conveys the intended meaning. Mechanics, usage, and grammar promote accurate interpretation and understanding.