Strategic Management Plan Addresses Environmental
Purpose of Assignment
A strategic management plan addresses four different management functions: environmental scanning, strategy formulation, strategy implementation, evaluation and control. Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 are integrated to generate a strategic management plan. The purpose of Part
1 assignment is to evaluate the internal and external
environments of a company selected by the student, to analyze the competitive
advantage of the selected company, to evaluate a set of suitable strategies,
and to examine appropriate metrics.
This assignment provides students an opportunity to research a selected company as if they were involved in a company’s actual strategic management planning process. It allows students to see which management planning process and management plan the selected company is currently using, allowing them to measure the effectiveness of current strategies.
A Strategic Management Plan addresses four different management functions: Environmental Scanning, Strategy Formulation, Strategy Implementation, Evaluation and Control.
Part 1 of 3 – Strategic Management Plan.
Write a 1,050-word report in which you select a company you are familiar with or a company where you currently work, and do the following:
- Evaluate the internal and external environments of your selected company using an environmental scan.
- Analyze the competitive advantage of your selected company.
- Evaluate the strategies your selected company uses to create value and gain competitive advantage.
- Examine the measurement guidelines your selected company uses to verify its strategic effectiveness.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the measurement guidelines your selected company uses.
Part 2 of 3
The purpose of the assignment is for students to establish long-term goals and objectives; indicate, specify and discuss strategies; and investigate, consider and describe specific business strategies including vertical integration and strategic alliances, to achieve competitive advantage in the industry. The student also generates an appropriate organizational chart in alignment with the stated strategies.
Write a 1,050-word report on the company selected following up on Part 1,(Environmental Scanning), and address the following:
- Establish Long-term Goals and Objectives
- Strategy Formulation.
- Indicate the markets that the company will pursue.
- Specify the unique value the company will offer in the selected markets.
- Discuss the resources and capabilities that are required.
- Analyze how the company will capture value and sustain competitive advantage over time.
- Business Management Strategy
- Consider Cost and Differentiation Advantages.
- Describe the Corporate Strategy.
- Investigate Vertical Integration.
- Describe Strategic Alliances.
- Detail the Company Competitive Advantage.
- Generate an Organizational Chart of the company you selected.
Part 3 of 3
Write a 1,050-word report on the company you selected in Week 3, following up on the Individual Assignment of Week 3 (Environmental Scanning), and address the following:
- Strategy Implementation
- Discuss International Strategy.
- Discuss Strategic Implementation.
- Explain the influence of Governance and Ethics.
- Discuss the Company Social Value.
- Discuss Innovation and Diversification.
- Discuss Legal limitations.
- Evaluation and Control
- Explain Strategic Metrics.
- Discuss Key Financial Ratios.
Cite 3 scholarly references for each part, including at least one peer-reviewed reference from the University Library.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Please complete Parts 1 & 2 within 4 days. Due on 10/15
Complete Part 3 within 8 days. Due on 10/19