Supply Chain Network Design 34 Pages Assignment
In Chapter 2 of your Supply Chain Network Design textbook recall the example country of Logistica. Assume that you have been hired as an analyst for the government of Logistica. The president of the nation has asked you to use a mathematical model to determine where to locate the capital of the nation. Key considerations for the selection of the capital are:
- The weighted average distance from the various population centers to the capital.
- The percentage of citizens who live within 100, 200, or 300 miles of the new capital.
- The president suggests the following four cities: City 7, City 10, City 12, and City 15.
Follow these instructions to complete this assignment:
- Use the data to recommend the “best” city for the new capital.
- Open the attached Excel file, Unit 2 Logistica, which is listed in the assignment resources. This spreadsheet has information on the latitude, longitude, population, and approximate distance to capital.
- Input into the spreadsheet the latitude and longitude of the city that you recommend should be the capital.
- Apply the center-of-gravity model.
- Write a 3- to 4-page paper that summarizes your conclusions. Include the following in your paper:
- How did you apply the center of gravity model to determine the best capital city? Provide an interpretation of the data to show the meaning and “story” behind the data.
- What data about Logistica led you to make your recommendation?
- Besides weighted average distance and percentage of citizens within a given radius of the new capital, what other factors might the citizens of Logistica want to consider?
- Of these factors, which are quantitative and which are qualitative?
- How does your recommendation balance qualitative and quantitative factors?
- Provide evidence and data to support your answers.
As you complete your assignment, be sure your paper meets the following guidelines:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: All resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length: 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Arial, 10 point.
- Introduction and Conclusion required