The purpose of this assignment is to explain the principles of design usability and analyze the impact of human factors on electronic applications for health care systems.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper on the usability of health informatics applications. Include the following:
- Describe an example of an electronic health record (EHR) application used in a health care setting.
- Describe the key elements of design usability for that application by reducing data errors and improving data integrity.
- Compare human factors and heuristic principles and discuss how they affect the chosen EHR application.
- Recommend an improvement to the chosen electronic application.
- Provide a rationale for the suggested improvement based on knowledge of design usability.
Support your findings with a minimum of two scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This assignment aligns to the following AMIA 2017 Core Competencies for Health Informatics Curricula at the master’s degree level:
F1: Health: Shows How
F2: Information Science and Technology: Shows How
F3: Social and Behavioral Science: Shows How
F4: Health Information Science and Technology: Shows How
F5: Human Factors and Socio‐Technical Systems: Shows How