MT435-3: Compare human resource management and project management principles to those of operations management.
GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
GEL-8.03: Apply critical thinking to formulate a logical solution to a problem.
Professional service organizations help professionals maintain their careers via continuous learning, provide social and business networking opportunities, promote leadership and mentorship within the field of the profession, and provide standardization for the profession. Additionally, the code of ethics for a professional service organization is a major component of what defines a profession.
Human Resource Management and Project Management both have well-established professional service organizations. They are as follows:
Human Resource Management Professional Service Organization
Society for Human Resource Management. (2016). http://www.shrm.org/
Project Management Professional Service Organization
Project Management Institute, Inc. (2016). http://www.pmi.org/
In this assignment, you will review these provided resources and compose an informative essay in a minimum of 3-full pages in which you specifically address the parts listed below. Make sure to include separate title and references pages, use standard paragraph structure, double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and follow all other current APA style guidelines. Conduct research from credible peer-reviewed sources, the Library, and your textbook to support your responses.
Part 1: Compare human resource management and project principles to those of operations management as follows:
- Human Resource Management principles compared to Operations Management principles
- Project Management principles compared to Operations Management principles
Part 2: Close your paper with the following observations from your research:
- The importance of professional service organizations in standardizing a profession, to include their established code of ethics
- Imagine a scenario in a real-world workplace environment that you are familiar with where you have to apply critical thinking to determine a logical solution which begins with defining a problem, analysis of related factors, designing several policy solutions for senior leader consideration for their buy-in, where you present to the company president three potential policies for their review and selection of a final recommended policy. Make sure you integrate a professional code of ethics as an aspect of your proposed policies.
SCM Standard Requirements
- This assignment should be a separate MS Word document, preferably in the most current .docx file format.
- In addition to the current APA style title page and reference page; ensure your paper covers the assigned topics, with a focus on quality. The following items provide additional guidance as to writing expectations.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- It must be written in Standard English; demonstrating exceptional content, organization, style, grammar, and mechanics.
- Your paper should provide a clearly established sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well-ordered, logical, and unified; as well as original and insightful.
- Ensure your paper uses current APA style for content, with properly indented paragraphs, and a minimum of 3-full pages covering the assigned topics to appropriate depth.
- A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references, in current APA style. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for credible research.
- Ensure you have at a minimum three quality references supporting your work: defining words, or using dictionaries, wikis, or encyclopedias, does not count as a quality reference, or meet university standards for credible online research.
- Be sure to cite in-text citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA style. Review the current APA style found at the Writing Center. The Writing Center can be accessed in Academic Tools. Select APA Central, then on “Write” at the bottom of the page. Your paper should include a title page, double-spaced, in Times New Roman 12-point font, correct citations, Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors, and correct references on the references page.